Wae Rebo Komodo tour is a Package tour to discover Wae Rebo village on Flores island and observe the dragons in Komodo island. This Wae Rebo Komodo tour aims to show you the highlights of Flores island and Komodo National Park. We start Wae Rebo Komodo tour from Labuan Bajo but we can arrange this package tour from Bali as well.
Highlights of Wae rebo komodo tour
- Visit Wae rebo village
- Overnight at local village wae rebo
- 2 hours trekking to wae rebo
- Private-based cruise journey to visit surrounding islands
- Guided soft treks to see the biggest reptiles on earth on Rinca Island and Komodo Island
- Snorkel in turquoise waters off Kelor Island and the nearby Pink Beach to observe rich marine life
- Swim with manta rays (depending on the season)
Wae rebo komodo tour itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Labuan Bajo – Wae Rebo (-/-/D)
Begin your trip with the first flight of the day to Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores in East Nusa Tenggara province. On arrival in Komodo Airport in Labuan bajo, you will meet our guide and escort you towards the heart of the Manggarai region. During the journey, stop at the villages of Lembor to witness the local life. And also to admire the panoramic views of the surrounding area (lunch en route in a local restaurant). Then continue to Dintor and get ready for approximately 3-hour trek to the remarkable Manggarai village of Wae Rebo.
Wae Rebo Village
This is the last authentic traditional Manggarai village located about 1,100 meters above sea level. It is about 108 kilometres from Labuan Bajo. Certainly Wae Rebo is nestled in the middle of panoramic mountains and the dense Todo forest that is rich with vegetation. A challenging 7 kilometres trek uphill for adventurous and physically fit. And the path can get quite slippery after the rain. During trekking, you will have amazing views of the sea below and perfectly triangular Mount Inerie, as well as diverse jungle foliage and frequent sightings of tropical butterflies, birds and monkeys.
Do not take any photos as you approach the village as a gesture of politeness. Certainly, all visitors need to undergo a welcoming ceremony at the main drum house to placate the spirits before they can start snapping away. The structures of the Mbaru Niang, seven cone-shaped traditional houses. It is built from bamboo, wood and grass are recognized by UNESCO as a form of living testament to Flores’ history. Immerse yourself in the daily lives of villagers in the village that was built some 100 years ago and discover the specific purpose of the five levels housing. Overnight at the local village house in Wae Rebo
Day 02: Wae Rebo – Labuan Bajo (B/L/D)
Enjoy breakfast at the village, then it is time to say goodbye. Then start trekking downhill and Lunch will be at local warung in Dintor. Afterwards continue to Labuan Bajo and take a short stop to visit a pristine beach for rest and relax. Afterwards, continue your journey back to Labuan Bajo. Check-in at a hotel and the remainder of the evening is free at your own leisure. Dinner at Local Restaurant and overnight at a hotel in Labuan Bajo.
Day 03: Labuan Bajo – Kanawa Island – Pink Beach – Komodo Island ( B/L/D)
In the Morning, we will transfer directly to the harbor and continue by local boat to Kanawa island. When you arrive in Kanawa, enjoy snorkeling and swimming on the island. Lunch will be on board while you proceed to Pink Beach for snorkeling and then continue to Komodo Island. In the Afternoon, with your assigned ranger explore the island to see the activities of the fascinating Komodo dragons in their pure and natural environment. in fact, besides the dragons, you can see also wild pig, buffalo and birds. Dinner and overnight on Board (Cabin boat with fan / AC Cabin)
Day 04: Komodo Island – Padar Island – Kelor– Labuan Bajo (B/L)
In the early morning around 04.00, we will cruise to the uninhabited Padar Island around 2 hours. It is the third largest island of Komodo National Park. Then, you have the chance to hike to the highest point on the island to enjoy the magnificent scenery. Afterwards, cruise to Kelor Island for snorkeling and swimming. Lunch will be on Board before cruising back to Labuan Bajo.
Day 05: Departure Labuan Bajo (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and check out afterwards. Then our guide will pick you up at the hotel lobby at the appropriate time depending on your flight schedule. And then transfer directly to Komodo Airport for your onward journey with wonderful memories of your visit.
Our ‘Wae rebo Komodo tour’ package includes:
- 1-night stay in traditional village Wae rebo
- 1-night stay on a local wooden boat based on twin-sharing (2 persons per cabin)
- 2-night stay in Labuan Bajo hotel based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Return airport transfer based on private-basis in a chauffeured, full air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips based on private basis with activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- Complete snorkeling gear
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
- Entrance fee to Komodo National Park
Our ‘Wae rebo Komodo tour’ package does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any beverages (juuice, soft drinks and any alcoholic beverages)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- High Season and Peak season surcharge for hotel in Labuan Bajo @ USD 15 per room per night
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary (e.g. extension stay, diving certification and/or diving trips, rental diving gear)