Komodo tour is 4-day package tour to Komodo island and surroundings. Our Komodo Tour combines your stay with 2 nights in a cabin room on a wooden boat and ends with 1 night in a comfortable hotel room. It provides you with an opportunity to see komodo dragons. Then explore more of the Komodo National Park and snorkel in the pristine waters of superb snorkeling spots. Extend your stay if you have the time and scuba dive to explore deeper into Flores. or even extend your stay longer for an overland journey to discover the culture at traditional villages and visit the three-color lakes of Mount Kelimutu.
Your Komodo tour start with the first flight of the day to Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores in East Nusa Tenggara province. Once a small fishing village, Labuan Bajo is now a busy, bustling center of tourism, since it is the entry point for trips to see the world-famous Komodo Dragons, or Varanus Komodensis.
Highlights of Komodo tour
- Private-based cruise journey to visit surrounding islands
- 2-night stay on a local wooden boat (cabin)
- 1-night stay at hotel of choice in Labuan Bajo
- Guided soft treks to see the biggest reptiles on earth on Rinca Island and Komodo Island
- Snorkel in turquoise waters off Kelor Island and the nearby Pink Beach to observe rich marine life
- Swim with manta rays (depending on the season)
Komodo tour program
Day 1 : Arrival Labuan Bajo – Rinca – Kelor – Kalong Island (-/L/D)
You will meet your assigned guide upon arrival in Labuan Bajo and then directly transfer to the Harbour to embark on a local wooden boat to Rinca island. A 2-hour boat journey gets you to Rinca Island, one of the best locations to see dragons in their natural habitat. Then, enjoy an approximate 2-hour soft trek on the island in search for the dragons and guided by a local ranger. After soft-trekking at Loh Buaya, proceed to Kelor Island for snorkeling near the island (snorkeling gear is provided). Afterwards, continue sailing towards Kalong Island where you can observe bats filling the sky as they come home to roost at sunset. Your boat will be positioned nearby the island during your first night in the Komodo National park area. Lunch and dinner are provided onboard. Overnight in cabin on boat
Day 2 : Kalong Island – Komodo Island – Pink Beach – Manta Point – Gililaba (B/L/D)
Breakfast will be onboard when the boat starts sailing towards to Komodo Island, another island that is home to the komodo dragons. Then you will get a safety briefing on arrival in Komodo island, and then start following the trails of the dragon walking path with a local ranger. Please be in mind to observe the dragons from a safe distance. And have a chance for a quick stop at the local museum.
The boat journey then continues on to Pink Beach for swimming and more snorkeling. A freshly cooked lunch will be onboard when the boat sails to Manta Point. There, observe the rich marine life such as turtles, huge clams, various kind of sponges and cuttlefish, along with healthy reefs and corals. If you are lucky, you will get to swim with manta rays. And in the afternoon, your boat takes you to Gililaba where your boat is stationed for your last evening on board with dinner provided. Overnight in cabin on boat
Day 3 : Gililaba – Sebayur Island – Labuan Bajo (B/L/-)
Enjoy breakfast when your boat sails back to the main island. En-route, you will have another opportunity for snorkeling nearby Sebayur Island. Here, crystal clear water provides you great visibility to observe the marine life better while snorkeling. And Lunch will be onboard when the boat sails towards Labuan Bajo. On arrival at the harbour, our driver is waiting to take you to hotel for your last evening in Labuan Bajo. Overnight at hotel in Labuan Bajo.
Day 4 : Departure Labuan Bajo (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and check out afterwards. You will be picked up at the hotel lobby at the designated time depending on your flight schedule. Then, proceed directly to Komodo Airport for your onward journey with wonderful memories of your visit.
– END OF PROGRAMME –
Our ‘Komodo tour’ package includes:
- 2-night stay on a local wooden boat based on twin-sharing (2 persons per cabin)
- 1-night stay in Labuan Bajo hotel based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Return airport transfer based on private-basis in a chauffeured, full air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips based on private basis with activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- Complete snorkeling gear
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
- Entrance fee to Komodo National Park
Our ‘Komodo tour’ package does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any beverages (juice, soft drinks and any alcoholic beverages)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- High Season and Peak season surcharge for hotel in Labuan Bajo @ USD 15 per room per night
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary (e.g. extension stay, diving certification and/or diving trips, rental diving gear)