Komodo Dragon tour aims to map out the explore of the Lair of Komodo Dragon in Komodo National Park and explore the incredible Oceans, pristine beaches, hills hiking and snorkeling in the pristine clear water. To meet these 3 meters long, 70 kg reptile giants and to explore their pristine and breathtaking habitat is a serious spoil for all nature lovers. This Komodo Dragon Tour mostly starts from Bali by taking the first flight to Labuan Bajo.
Komodo Dragon tour is perfect for you who really want to see Komodo dragon, the biggest living lizard, in Komodo island. These Dragons only live in such an island like Komodo and Rinca island. Komodo dragons mostly live in Rinca island that is even easier to get there. It is only one hour from Labuan Bajo.
Highlights of Komodo Dragon tour
- Meet the Komodo dragons on Komodo island
- Snorkeling at Pink Beach
- Liveaboard experiences
- see the komodo dragons in Rinca island
- snorkeling in the best spot around Komodo National Park
Itinerary of Komodo Dragon tour
Day 1: Labuan Bajo Pink Beach
We pick you up in the morning from your Hotel or Airport. Then, we jump on vehicle and drive 10 minutes to the town’s jetty. Our quaint little sailboat will be waiting for us here, so we will jump on Boat. While we are settling in our small, but clean and air-conditioned cabins, and waiting for lunch to be served, we slowly sail out from the harbor and head towards the main island of Komodo.
We will arrive at the island in mid-afternoon, to a breathtaking little bay and anchor at Pink Beach. We will spend the rest of the afternoon here, swimming, snorkeling, exploring, relaxing, sunbathing and with whatever activities we desire. Dinner will be on board and with our strong dive lights, night snorkeling will be a possibility, as well. Accommodation: on board a comfortable traditional vessel
Day 2: Komodo Island-Rinca Island
This morning is our first attempt of finding and photographing the largest lizards in the world. We will have a very early breakfast on board, while our boat slowly sails to the point where we are going to meet the national park rangers, who live on Komodo Island. Since these islands are fairly bare and extremely hot, we will start our hike as early as possible. Once greeted by the rangers and educated about the right behavior upon meeting these giant predators, we take off and hike the most beautiful green forest trails of the island.
Other than finding and photographing Komodo Dragons, we will also keep our eyes open for other wildlife, such as birds, buffaloes, wild boar, macaques and deer. And once the sun climbs too high on the horizon and everything gets just hot and quiet, we return to our sailboat and sail to yet another beautiful, secluded location for lunch and for the afternoon fun. After lunch we sail to Rinca Island, to yet another lovely snorkeling spot, and the rest of the day will be dedicated again for water activities, snorkeling, swimming and short trips on the beach. Dinner will be served on board. Accommodation: on board
Day 3: Rinca Island – Kalong
This morning will be used for another photographic attempt for that perfect Dragon profile on Rinca Island. So, the morning activity is very similar to that of yesterday’s: we meet the rangers and go for a hike on the island. The exact route will be determined by what we have seen the previous day. Once the heat pushes us back onto our boat, we will sail to the tiny and beautiful island of Kelor. Here we drop anchor for a great lunch, and to explore the water world by our snorkels, followed a short siesta.
Once the sun goes a bit further down on the horizon, we will lift anchor and sail to the proximity of a small mangrove island, where thousands of flying foxes reside for the day. Our anchorage point for the evening provides us with perfect views as these giant bats take off at dusk, into the pink sunset skies, on their way to nearby forest to forage on fruits, palm dates, flowers and even nectar. Dinner will be served on board. Accommodation: on board
Day 4: Kalong -Labuan Bajo
This morning we start with snorkeling around. Once back on the boat, we sail to Warloka Primitive Village for lunch and exploration. These ancient village ruins provide interesting encounters with stone post dolmens and ancient ceramics. From here we sail to Bidadari Island, where we anchor for the rest of the afternoon and enjoy our last chance of great snorkeling and brilliant Indonesian sunshine. Once we lift anchor, we sail for another half an hour back to Labuan Bajo. Upon arrival, we get on our transfer vehicle and drive to our local. Accommodation at Puri Sari
Day 5: Labuan Bajo – Denpasar
Breakfast will be at your Hotel. The rest of the day is free at leisure and at the appropriate time, we will drop you off at Komodo Airport in Labuan bajo for your return flight to Bali
This ‘05 Days Komodo Dragon Tour’ includes:
- 04 – nights accommodation at your chosen Hotel or Boat, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Boat for Komodo explore
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Activities and excursions as per itinerary
- Bottled drinking water during transfers and tours
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
This ‘05 Days Komodo Dragon Tour’ does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porter
- Any High Season and Peak /festive season surcharge (see below)
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Minimum of 2 persons per booking
- Additional charges apply during high season and peak season period
- Price and booking confirmation are subject to room or Boat availability.
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)